Complex Meals Made Easy: 6 Steps to a Beautiful Beef Bourguignon
Click here to make things easier on yourself. Keep reading to get the whole scoop.
Beef Bourguignon by the Book
To start, check your ingredient list to ensure you’ve got everything you’ll need — if you’ve got all 14, you’re good. Next, grab your bacon; cut off the rind and set it aside.
Now it’s time to prep those lardons: cut the bacon into slices roughly ¼” thick and 1 ½” long. Combine the rind and the lardons in 1 ½ quarts of water, then simmer for ten minutes. After that, drain the lardons and rind; set aside.
Hold the phone; it isn’t time to reach for your beef just yet — we’re not done prepping your bacon! And, after that, we’ll slowly start to brown your sirloin tips. Then, of course, we’ll invest another hour or two chopping vegetables, sautéing them, simmering, adding wine and even more ingredients, and, of course, waiting (im)patiently and trying to avoid the amazing scent and hunger pangs…
Phew. Are you tired yet?
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: it doesn’t have to be this way. Oh, don’t worry — you can still enjoy the bliss that is a delightfully prepared Beef Bourguignon. We’re just suggesting you accept a little assistance from us.
Now, for that Easy Beef Bourguignon (Really!)
With just a few extra minutes in your morning, you can be the hero of dinner tonight! Here’s how to do it with our easy Beef Bourguignon, in 6 simple steps:
- Pull out your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- Unpack and assemble the ingredients from your Beef Bourguignon Crock-Pot® Meal.
- Place the (soon-to-be perfectly tender) sirloin tips in the bottom of the slow cooker, then top with the pre-packaged Burgundy wine sauce and ¼ cup of water.
- Set that slow cooker to low and head off to your day — no muss, no fuss.
- Once you’re home and there’s only an hour left on the cooking clock, grab the included bag of veggies from the freezer and pour in.
- An hour later, enjoy a French family favorite with you and yours.