Complex Meals Made Easy: Authentic Creole-Style Jambalaya in 7 Simple Steps
Click here to make things easier on yourself. Read on to get the whole scoop on easy jambalaya.
Creole-Style Jambalaya by the Cookbooks
To start, heat a small dry pan over high heat. Drop in peppercorns, paprika, and cayenne — let them toast while you retrieve your mortar and pestle. Pour your toasty spices into the mortar and grind until the mixture is smooth. Add salt, thyme, and bay to taste.
Now set that delicious concoction aside. On to the next steps.
Grab a wide, lidded pan. Coat the bottom with oil and heat it up on medium-high heat. Once the oil’s sizzling, add in your pork sausage… Whoa, whoa, whoa… Why are you reaching for a knife? You did prep your sausage beforehand, right? You chopped it into bite-size chunks so it will cook evenly and quickly, yeah? You didn’t?!
Let’s back this up a bit.
Did you finely chop your onion? The peppers? And the celery? No? Alright.
What about your three garlic cloves? You surely remembered to crush them before you turned on the stove? No? Seriously?
Well, then… Did you par-boil your rice?
OK, OK, OK — the shrimp, of course, you deveined and peeled your shrimp… Hmmm…
It’s fine. Really. Seriously. All we need to do is backtrack a little. Sure, this recipe requires a heavy helping of prep, in addition to perfectly timing the addition of your ingredients. But you knew that going in. Ah, you didn’t realize cooking up a heap of delicious jambalaya would be so time-consuming, did you? Oh dear.
Creole-Style Easy Jambalaya by Omaha Steaks
It’s morning. You have a full plate today, but slacking on dinner is not an option. Your family depends on you, plus they’re capital-E excited about sharing a pot of rich & spicy jambalaya with you later this evening.
- Pull out your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- Unpack the ingredients from your Jambalaya and Rice Crock-Pot® Meal.
- Add the premium tender chicken and smoky pork sausage to your slow cooker, along with the included ready-made, perfectly zingy sauce.
- Set your slow cooker to low and let this masterpiece cook while you go about your day.
- Stir in your succulent shrimp and pre-chopped veggies when only an hour’s cook-time remains.
- Pour in the rice 10 minutes before serving.
- Stir, serve and enjoy authentic Creole-style jambalaya with your family — having never broken a sweat.
Laissez les bon temps rouler!
(P.S. We have other easy meals, too! Check out all of our Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Meals right here.)