by Chef Karl Marsh1
Appetizers to Make for Your Super Sunday Football Party
I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to hearing Peyton call out “Omaha! Omaha!” during the big game on Sunday. I don’t really have a dog in this fight, so I just want to see a close game and hear lots of “Omaha! Omaha!”
For football parties, I like to serve appetizers. This year, I am planning on making my Carnitas Nachos (See recipe below). I also plan to serve some of our excellent and easy to prepare Omaha Steaks appetizers. like my personal favorite, our Gourmet Franks in a Blanket, in addition to our Jumbo Shrimp Cocktails and Cocktail Sauce and Bull Wings. For a dessert type snack, I am going to put out some of our new (and highly addictive) Sea Salt Carmel Popcorn. I think that should just about do it, and probably won’t take me longer than 45 minutes to get ready. That’s the beauty of our products!
I hope everyone out there enjoys the big game next Sunday and enjoys some great food at the same time. I know I will.
Cheers! Chef Karl
Pico De Gallo
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
1 Cup Small Roma Tomatoes (diced into ¼” pieces)
1/4Cup White Onion (¼” Dice)
2 Tbsp. Cilantro (Chopped very fine)
2 tsp. Jalapenos (Minced very fine with the seeds)
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
Makes about 2-1/2 cups
3 each Avocadoes (medium Haas)
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice (fresh squeezed)
½ Cup Pico De Gallo
1 tsp Garlic (Freshly minced)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp Jalapenos (Fresh Minced)
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1. Cut avocadoes in half, removing pit.
2. Score avocadoes without cutting through skin.
3. Scoop avocado from skin; placing in a mixing bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients and fold using a rubber spatula.
5. Do not over mix or over mash the Avocado.
6. If not serving Guacamole immediately; place plastic wrap on top & push into bowl so touching Guacamole. Put another piece of plastic on top of bowl to seal out air. Store in refrigerator.
2 each 6″ Tostadas Flats
1 each Omaha Steaks Carnitas Roast
1/2 cup Grated Jack Cheese
1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce
1/4 cup Pico De Gallo
1/4 cup Guacamole
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 Each Cilantro Spring
1. Preheat oven broiler.
2. Thaw and shred the Carnitas. Place in a small pan with juices.
3. Heat shredded Carnitas then spread evenly on the 2 Tostadas Flats
4. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place under oven broiler until cheese has melted.
5. Place nacho flats on a cutting board sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into quarters.
6. Arrange triangles on plate and mound shredded lettuce in the middle.
7. Place a scoop of Pico De Gallo, Guacamole and Sour Cream on the shredded lettuce.
8. Garnish with cilantro sprig and serve.