by Krista Rollins0
Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon Tips with Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce
Surprisingly enough, steak is not usually the main protein we eat in our house. To be honest, I’m not sure why? We live in Texas, Steak is like the national food.
I guess we didn’t eat much of it growing up so that just carried into adulthood. But today I am changing that. Today to celebrate NFL season and all things tailgating, we’re grilling up Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Bites. WHAT!?! But we aren’t stopping there, oh no, that would be way too easy, we’re whipping up a Creamy Horseradish Sauce for dipping, too.
Now, Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips are not just your run-of-the-mill steak pieces. These Tenderloin Tips are 1-inch pieces from a tender Filet Mignon. That’s right – go big or go home! Oh, and they’re wrapped in Omaha Steaks Applewood Smoked Steak-Cut Bacon!
When putting these bites together, be sure to use wooden toothpicks or wooden skewers that have been soaked for at least 15 minutes or you’re going to have a fire on your hands. Once the bites are on the grill be sure to have a direct heat side of the grill and an indirect side. After the first few minutes of grilling, that bacon grease (as divine as it is) is going to start dripping into your grill and cause flare ups. Just move the bites to the indirect heat side and you’ll be good to go.
Ya’ll! These bites are no joke! It is man tailgating food to the core. Steak, Bacon, and a delicious sauce to go with it. What more could you ask for?
- 9 strips Omaha Steaks Steak-Cut Bacon, cut into 3 sections (27 strips of bacon total)
- Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to season tenderloin pieces)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon stone ground mustard 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon honey salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 375 degrees)
- Soak small wood skewers or wooden toothpicks in water for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix, greek yogurt, prepared horseradish, minced shallots, mustard, garlic clove, honey, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add, beef tenderloin pieces. Season with 1 teaspoon of sea salt, toss to coat.
- Wrap each tenderloin piece with a small strip of Omaha Bacon, place a toothpick through the bacon and tenderloin to hold in place. (on some you may have to use two toothpicks)
- Spray grill with cooking spray or rub down grill grates with a olive oil soaked rag.
- Place Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin Bites on direct heat, grill for 2-3 minutes per side. If flare-ups occur, move to indirect heat.
- Remove from grill when bacon is crispy. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce.