by Sarah Bates0
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Who loves ice cream? Me, me, me! (*Raises hand feverishly*) I eat ice cream all year round, not just during the warmer months in Michigan. All. Year. Round. Because let’s face it folks, there aren’t that many warm months here in Michigan, so I wouldn’t get to eat it very often. Although I’m a lover of the good old fashioned chocolate ice cream, I really haven’t met an ice cream I haven’t liked. I will eat pretty much anything.
So let’s discuss the new Omaha Steaks Ice Cream. Have you had a chance to try it yet? If not, what the heck are you waiting for?!?! It is dee-licious! And I absolutely positively mean that. It’s fabulous. Right now I think the Sea Salt Caramel is my favorite. Well, wait. Maybe it’s the Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chunks. Ugh, too many decisions. I guess I should head to the freezer and have a taste test again.
But first, let’s talk about these brownie ice cream sandwiches. Homemade brownies with Omaha Steaks ice cream sandwiched in between. They are heavenly. I promise you will love them. I grabbed an Omaha Steaks Ice Cream Social Sampler, that way I had three flavors to play around with. I made the ice cream sandwiches with each flavor, and every single one was quickly devoured by someone in my family. And I do mean quick. Like as soon as they set up in the freezer, they were gone!
- For the brownies:
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ T pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Omaha Steaks Ice Cream Social Sampler
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, add the butter and unsweetened chocolate.
- Place in the microwave and heat in 30 second intervals, mixing in between each one, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth.
- Once completely smooth, whisk in both sugars.
- Next whisk in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once, mixing until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the brownies are completely cooled, use a 1 ½ inch round biscuit cutter to cut 8 rounds out of the brownies. (Reserve scraps to sprinkle over ice cream at another time)
- Place one large scoop of Omaha Steaks ice cream on the bottoms of four of the brownie rounds. Place another brownie round on top of each one and press gently to make a sandwich.
- Place on a sheet pan and place in the freezer to set for about 20 minutes before serving.