by Sarah Bates0
Chicken & Salsa Pot Pies + Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
When you’ve got a busy night planned and are crunched for time, sometimes it’s hard to get a decent meal on the dinner table. We have plenty of nights like this with my youngest son playing sports almost all year round. Instead of heading to a drive thru or ordering takeout, I rely on pre-made prepared meals to get us through the crazy nights.
The Chicken & Salsa Pot Pies from Omaha Steaks are perfect for these occasions. They are incredibly delicious and are ready in no time. It’s a Mexican version of a chicken pot pie, two of my all-time favorite things. A definite comfort food meal with a little added kick from the salsa.
My oldest son is a college student, and I found that these pot pies are perfect for him too. Since they can be prepared in the microwave, there is no need for an oven! In less than five minutes he and his roommates can have a hot, delicious meal, no takeout needed.
I also created an easy dessert for them to have along with their pot pie. It’s a no bake dessert so again, no need for an oven. My kids and their friends couldn’t get enough of these delicious crispy chocolate peanut butter treats. I mean, what’s better than chocolate and peanut butter together? Kids of all ages, and adults too, will go crazy for them! And even better, their ready in no time at all.
Chicken & Salsa Pot Pies and Crispy Chocolate PB Treats make for a great busy night meal! Also great for… Click To Tweet
4 Omaha Steaks Chicken & Salsa Pot Pies – prepare the pot pies as directed on the package, either in the microwave or a conventional oven.
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, broke into pieces
- 6 cups chocolate rice cereal
- ⅔ cup peanut butter chips
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter, marshmallows and chocolate pieces until melted, (about 3 minutes) stirring after each minute.
- As soon as the mixture is melted, add in the cereal and peanut butter chips and quickly mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Put a little of the non-stick spray on your fingers and gently push the mixture into the pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Allow it to set for about 10 minutes before cutting into 24 squares.