by Victoria Rogers0
Cream Cheese Crab Bruschetta
I totally love appetizers. Sometimes I would rather eat an entire dinner of just appetizers than a big one dish dinner. I rarely make appetizers when I’m hosting a party because it seems like more work than I want to put in, but these cream cheese crab appetizers are so easy to make. And they definitely make a statement!
Whenever I think crab, I think cream cheese. Because crab and cream cheese wontons are probably one of my most favorite things ever. If there is an opportunity for me to order cream cheese wontons, it’s happening. Guaranteed. Sometimes I want to go to an Asian restaurant just for the cream cheese wontons. I could probably eat them all for dinner, but I refrain and order something to go along with my wontons, unfortunately.
When I got a delivery of these amazing Omaha Steaks Alaskan King Crab Legs, I immediately thought ‘cream cheese’. I’m kind of okay with thinking cream cheese + crab because these were probably one of the greatest things I have ever created.
The crab legs from Omaha Steaks are even better because they come pre-cooked and pre-split which makes preparation of this appetizer extremely easy. All you have to do is thaw, butter them up, and then broil until they are warm. Thank you Omaha Steaks for making our lives so easy.
This is a definite showstopper for any party you are throwing. If you want to impress your guests with an appetizer, this is how you do it! It takes less than 30 minutes to put it all together, but people will be talking about it for months to come.
- 1 – 2 lb package Omaha Steaks Alaskan King Crab Legs
- 8 T butter – melted
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 2 baguettes
- 4 oz cream cheese – room temperature
- 2 T sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 5 green onions – chopped
- Mix together the melted butter and garlic.
- Slice the baguettes into 12-16, 1-inch pieces.
- Brush the baguette slices with the butter mixture.
- Broil for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Place crab legs, cut side up, on a foiled baking sheet.
- Brush with the butter mixture.
- Broil for about 5-6 minutes until heated through.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on the baguette slices.
- Remove the crab from the shells, cut into 1 inch pieces, and place on top of the baguette slices.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.