by Kita Roberts0
Easy Grilled Beer Brats with Sauerkraut
Nothing brings friends and family together like a great backyard barbecue. Whether its a special occasion, big holiday, or just a Friday night bonfire, the bbq is where it’s at.
While hot dogs are the grilling staple for everyone all the way through Labor day, why not try brats for your next cookout? Welcome everyone with a burst of flavor from these great and easy grilled beer brats. Believe me, they will love the crisp snap and flavor that an Omaha Steaks Gourmet Brat brings to the table. Make some classic German potato salad, hearty steak house style fries, or fried onions to serve as sides. This recipe calls for a great Pilsner, so be sure to have plenty on hand to hand out and enjoy while the conversation lingers.
- 1 16oz package refrigerated sauerkraut, drained well
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 T grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 lb Omaha Steaks Gourmet Bratwurst
- 1 12oz Pilsner beer
- fresh baguette sliced to bun length
- additional mustard for serving
- Preheat and prepare gas grill for indirect heat.
- In a foil bake pan, arrange the sauerkraut over the bottom.
- Whisk the celery salt, cardamom, onion powder, and Dijon in a bowl with the beer.
- Snuggle the brats into the sauerkraut and pour the beer mix over top.
- Cover with foil and place on the grill on the cooler side.
- Cover and let grill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and allow the brats to brown (or toss them on the grill if you want grill marks) for another 10 minutes.
- Toast the buns on the top rack of the grill.
- Spread some Dijon on the buns and spoon out hearty portions of sauerkraut before finishing off with a brat.
- Garnish serving platters with celery leaves.