by Sarah Bates0
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Skewers
If you’re anything like me, then you’re always on the lookout for quick and easy meals for your family. It’s also a big plus if those meals are homemade, nutritious, and delicious! Having kids that play sports, often times we are short on time, and inevitably it always seems like the time crunch is right around dinner time.
I really try hard to cook dinner no matter what, even it means just making homemade subs or salads that can be put together quickly. Now that it’s finally warm and I’ve pulled out my grill, I’ve turned to fast recipes that I can grill up as well. These lemon pepper shrimp skewers are one of those recipes! Made with Omaha Steaks Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, these delicious bites are ready in no time.
The shrimp take a short dip in a simple marinade while the grill is warming up. And, they take less than 10 minutes to cook on the grill! Serve the skewers with a side salad and dinner is served!
- 1 1.5 lb. package Omaha Steaks Jumbo Cooked Shrimp
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- For the marinade:
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Zest of one lemon
- Metal skewers
- Thaw the shrimp according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add in the shrimp and toss to combine well.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Thread the shrimp and tomatoes alternately on metal skewers, running the skewer through the body once near the tail and once near the head end of each shrimp.
- Spray the grill lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay the skewers on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook, turning once, until the shrimp are bright pink, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.