by Jenny Castaneda1
Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops
Bacon-wrapped pork chops are amazing on their own, but they can be jazzed up by stuffing them (yes!) with Italian seasoned sautéed vegetables that will make you go “wow!”. This recipe is gluten free and grain free so it won’t weigh you down even after devouring an entire pork chop.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
4 – 6 oz Omaha Steaks Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops
1 tsp ghee
¼ cup cauliflower, chopped
¼ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup carrots, chopped
¼ cup shallots, chopped
3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 ½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
1 tsp dried basil, crushed
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt ghee on a skillet over medium high heat. Add cauliflower, celery, carrots, shallots and flat leaf parsley. Saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Season with oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper stir and turn off heat. Set aside in a bowl to cool.
3. Prepare pork chops by cutting a 2 ½” wide x 2” deep pocket on the widest portion of each pork chop. Make sure to cut through the bacon as well.
4. Lightly coat each one with ghee and season with salt and pepper then stuff with 2 tbsp of filling. Don’t worry if it overflows.
5. Using the same skillet earlier over medium high heat, sear the stuffed chops for 2 minutes on each side until it has that golden brown crust. Cover and transfer skillet to the oven for 30 minutes to finish cooking and it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
6. Remove and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.