by Jenny Castaneda0
Quick and Easy Surf & Turf Kabobs
End summer with a bang by grilling these ribeye and shrimp kabobs. Ribeye is tender and juicy thanks to its marbling of fat that melts into the meat as it cooks. Pair it with lemon pepper wild white shrimp for an easy and delicious backyard feast!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
– 2 – 10 oz Omaha Steaks Ribeyes
– 12 oz Omaha Steaks Wild White Shrimp
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 ½” x 1 ½” pieces
– 1 red onion, cut into 1 ½” x 1 ½” pieces
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– Zest of 2 lemons
– 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
– ½ tsp sea salt
– Bamboo skewers
– 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat grill for 10 minutes and cut Ribeyes into 1” x 1” cubes.
2. In a bowl, combine ribeye cubes, bell peppers and red onions. Season with paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and sea salt. Thread into skewers by alternating a cubed ribeye with red bell pepper and red onion.
3. Next, combine shrimp and lemon wedges in the same bowl. Season with lemon zest, black pepper and sea salt. Thread into skewers by alternating 2 pieces of shrimp with a piece of lemon wedge.
4. Once the grill is ready, reduce the heat to medium and lightly oil the grates with coconut oil. Place shrimp skewers on the grill. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes the first side, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Shrimp is ready when it turns pink. Remove and set aside.
5. Re-oil the grill grates again if necessary. Place ribeye skewers in the grill. Cover and cook for 10 – 12 minutes while turning every 2 minutes to prevent one side from burning. Remove and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
6. Serve ribeye and shrimp skewers with extra lemon wedges on the side.