by Sarah Bates1
Turkey Bacon & Zucchini Quiche
During the summer season, it seems like we always have company over on the weekends. Whether it’s for a BBQ, just to have a drink or two, or even for a quick brunch, I love to entertain my friends and family.
For this very reason I love to have a few things always prepped and ready to go in case someone stops over at the last minute. (Think cookie dough made ahead and frozen so you can pop a batch of cookies in the oven whenever needed. Or always have a box of crackers and a cheese spread on hand for a simple appetizer.) I also have a few quick and easy recipes tucked into my back pocket that I know I can turn to if needed. Quiche is one of those recipes, as it works for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner! And luckily you can use pretty much whatever meats, cheeses and veggies you have on hand. Really, the options are endless.
I made this Turkey Bacon & Zucchini Quiche recently for a weekend lunch, and it was absolutely perfect for the family. Simple, fast, and it filled everyone up. Omaha Steaks Turkey Bacon is delicious and crispy and it paired perfectly with freshly shredded zucchini and salty Parmesan cheese. This quiche is beautiful with a side of fruit for breakfast or brunch, or could be paired with a nice side salad for dinner.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or homemade)
- 6 slices Omaha Steaks Turkey Bacon
- 3 T chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pre-bake the pie crust according to the directions on the box, then set aside to cool slightly while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the slices of turkey bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove from the pain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In the same pan, cook the chopped onion until softened and lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat.
- When the bacon has cooled, roughly chop it.
- In a large bowl with a spout, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add in the cooked onions and bacon, as well as the rest of the quiche ingredients, and gently mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 35 minutes, or until the top of the quiche is lightly brown and the center is set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into slices and serving.