by Jenny Castaneda0
Game Day Bison Chili
This bison chili is hearty and comforting without any additional fillers such as beans and corn, making it a great addition to your game day spread. The rich flavor of lean grass-fed, grain-finished bison is enhanced by smoky and savory spices that will make you come back for more.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
– 2 pounds Omaha Steaks Ground Bison
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 medium onion, chopped + extra for toppings
– 2 ribs celery, chopped
– 2 – 14.5 oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
– 1½ cups beef broth
– 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
– 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
– 4 tbsp chili powder
– 5 tsp cumin
– 2 tbsp oregano, crushed
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 4 tsp garlic powder
– 2 tsp liquid smoke
– ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Brown ground bison in a deep pot over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes.
2. Add bell peppers, onions, celery, jalapeño.
3. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder and liquid smoke, then cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add can of fire roasted tomatoes, broth, jalapeño and grape tomatoes.
5. Let it simmer and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours stirring periodically.
6. Top with chopped onions and cilantro before serving.